2018 Summer Long Course Masters UANA Pan American

So, my 2017 Summer Nationals performance was OK, but left room for improvement and I'm thinking about planning to start training for 2018 Long Course Summer Nationals. Oops, there is no USMS Summer Nationals in 2018, in deference to the UANA Pan American Masters Championships. I cannot find any information about if we can participate, how one qualifies, if we have to join UANA, etc., etc. I've checked the UANA site, the Orlando YMCA site, USMS site with no luck. Does anyone have any information about the event and whether those of us who were expecting a USMS Summer Nationals can plan to swim at the UANA Championships?
Parents
  • there is however 1 small problem. the usms rules clearly state that a summer nationals must be held: 104.1 Meet Categories USMS national championship meets shall be awarded in the following categories and held during the following dates 104.1.2 Long Course (50) Meters— Between August 1 and September 15. With the approval of the Championship Committee, other dates may be considered Steve, Article 506.3.10 gives the emergency power to suspend any swimming rule in Part One to the Board of Directors provided that the Board, with the advice and consent of the Rules Committee for part one rules, determines that immediate action is required to serve the interests of USMS. The USMS Rules committee had a conference call on May 7 and voted to provide consent to suspend the rule and put the matter in the hands of the USMS BOD. Please consult with a member of the Rules committee to verify everything was done properly...:bolt:
  • there is however 1 small problem. the usms rules clearly state that a summer nationals must be held: 104.1 Meet Categories USMS national championship meets shall be awarded in the following categories and held during the following dates 104.1.2 Long Course (50) Meters— Between August 1 and September 15. With the approval of the Championship Committee, other dates may be considered Steve, Article 506.3.10 gives the emergency power to suspend any swimming rule in Part One to the Board of Directors provided that the Board, with the advice and consent of the Rules Committee for part one rules, determines that immediate action is required to serve the interests of USMS. The USMS Rules committee had a conference call on May 7 and voted to provide consent to suspend the rule and put the matter in the hands of the USMS BOD. Please consult with a member of the Rules committee to verify everything was done properly...:bolt:
Children
No Data