2018 Spring Format

I see that National Championships page lists the 2018 Spring Nationals as SCY or SCM (TBD). How and when will this decision be made, and how do we make our voices heard on this subject? I, for one, feel very strongly the meet should be swum in short course yards. This is the culmination of the scy season. An scm season has organically developed after lcm and ending in December. Please do not turn this all on its head because we are also calling this meet an "International" Championship.
Parents
  • The decision rests with the USMS Championship Committee. I have heard comments like the one from Ron above (strongly against SCM), from people like ChrisS/JenniferP (prefer SCM) and people like GaryP (will be there either way). The challenge is trying to decide what suits the majority. All Riverside entrants were given an opportunity to fill out a survey about this subject after the meet and we should have the results soon. We don't have the means to poll the entire membership, but asking those who just attended Spring Nationals seemed like as good of a place as any to ask prospective swimmers their opinions on the two course formats. A decision on which course will be used is expected no later than September. The official deadline per the rulebook is six months prior to the start of the meet. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee The USMS Championship Committee, after consultation with the host, has selected Short Course Yards for 2018 USMS Spring Nationals (Indy). Jeff
  • The decision rests with the USMS Championship Committee. I have heard comments like the one from Ron above (strongly against SCM), from people like ChrisS/JenniferP (prefer SCM) and people like GaryP (will be there either way). The challenge is trying to decide what suits the majority. All Riverside entrants were given an opportunity to fill out a survey about this subject after the meet and we should have the results soon. We don't have the means to poll the entire membership, but asking those who just attended Spring Nationals seemed like as good of a place as any to ask prospective swimmers their opinions on the two course formats. A decision on which course will be used is expected no later than September. The official deadline per the rulebook is six months prior to the start of the meet. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee The USMS Championship Committee, after consultation with the host, has selected Short Course Yards for 2018 USMS Spring Nationals (Indy). Jeff
Children
No Data