2018 Spring Format

I see that National Championships page lists the 2018 Spring Nationals as SCY or SCM (TBD). How and when will this decision be made, and how do we make our voices heard on this subject? I, for one, feel very strongly the meet should be swum in short course yards. This is the culmination of the scy season. An scm season has organically developed after lcm and ending in December. Please do not turn this all on its head because we are also calling this meet an "International" Championship.
Parents
  • Since there are two threads with the same topic I am commenting twice: I think switching to SCM is a terrible idea. For those of us who set goals and plan our swimming, to have a sudden switch from SCY to SCM plays havoc with goals for the SCY season. I swim Nationals every year to obtain best times and break records as an end-of-season event. That would mean no end-of-season event for SCY next year. I just moved into a new age group and have already begun thinking about my SCY goals for next year. If something like this is in the works there should be a lot more warning than a less than one year heads up. SCM season is from Sept through December. The SCM season has worked well in its current time of year and has not prevented those who can from posting top 10 FINA rankings. Very disappointing if it happens.
  • Since there are two threads with the same topic I am commenting twice: I think switching to SCM is a terrible idea. For those of us who set goals and plan our swimming, to have a sudden switch from SCY to SCM plays havoc with goals for the SCY season. I swim Nationals every year to obtain best times and break records as an end-of-season event. That would mean no end-of-season event for SCY next year. I just moved into a new age group and have already begun thinking about my SCY goals for next year. If something like this is in the works there should be a lot more warning than a less than one year heads up. SCM season is from Sept through December. The SCM season has worked well in its current time of year and has not prevented those who can from posting top 10 FINA rankings. Very disappointing if it happens.
Children
No Data