2018 Spring Format

I see that National Championships page lists the 2018 Spring Nationals as SCY or SCM (TBD). How and when will this decision be made, and how do we make our voices heard on this subject? I, for one, feel very strongly the meet should be swum in short course yards. This is the culmination of the scy season. An scm season has organically developed after lcm and ending in December. Please do not turn this all on its head because we are also calling this meet an "International" Championship.
Parents
  • I'm with ChrisS and JenniferP. I would love to see a true SCM National Championship meet as I've never both tapered for a SCM meet and had the sufficient time between events that a National Championship would allow. I also agree with Chris that there's not much difference between SCY and SCM and that way too much emphasis is placed on SCY. Jeff, even though the survey was taken at Nationals, there may be a slight skewing of data as Southern California has a very large SCM meet each December. With the majority of swimmers at Nationals being West Coasters, they may not feel the need for a SCM National Championship since they have a premier meet right in their backyard. Most of us are not so fortunate.
  • I'm with ChrisS and JenniferP. I would love to see a true SCM National Championship meet as I've never both tapered for a SCM meet and had the sufficient time between events that a National Championship would allow. I also agree with Chris that there's not much difference between SCY and SCM and that way too much emphasis is placed on SCY. Jeff, even though the survey was taken at Nationals, there may be a slight skewing of data as Southern California has a very large SCM meet each December. With the majority of swimmers at Nationals being West Coasters, they may not feel the need for a SCM National Championship since they have a premier meet right in their backyard. Most of us are not so fortunate.
Children
No Data