2018 Spring Format

I see that National Championships page lists the 2018 Spring Nationals as SCY or SCM (TBD). How and when will this decision be made, and how do we make our voices heard on this subject? I, for one, feel very strongly the meet should be swum in short course yards. This is the culmination of the scy season. An scm season has organically developed after lcm and ending in December. Please do not turn this all on its head because we are also calling this meet an "International" Championship.
Parents
  • I for one would love for spring nationals to be SCM. The difference with SCY is not great, and there are few SCM facilities in the country that can have a championship with 2000 people. Indy is one of them. There is too much emphasis on SCY, a course that nobody else in the world uses. And one of the joys of masters swimming has been having fast SCM meets, something I didn't really get to do in HS/college. It's time to have a real SCM nationals. An scm season has organically developed after lcm and ending in December. Please do not turn this all on its head because we are also calling this meet an "International" Championship. Organic or not, the only time we can have an official SCM national championship is at spring nationals (article 104.1.1 in the rule book).
  • I for one would love for spring nationals to be SCM. The difference with SCY is not great, and there are few SCM facilities in the country that can have a championship with 2000 people. Indy is one of them. There is too much emphasis on SCY, a course that nobody else in the world uses. And one of the joys of masters swimming has been having fast SCM meets, something I didn't really get to do in HS/college. It's time to have a real SCM nationals. An scm season has organically developed after lcm and ending in December. Please do not turn this all on its head because we are also calling this meet an "International" Championship. Organic or not, the only time we can have an official SCM national championship is at spring nationals (article 104.1.1 in the rule book).
Children
No Data