Budapest 2017

Does anybody know when the dates for the Masters World Championships at Budapest will be announced?
  • Is anyone going over from the tri-state area? Other states as well? Looking to sync up with USMS masters swimmers going to Hungary. I know 3 other swimmers so far. It would be nice to meet. :)
  • Please note the Coaches selected to help with USMS Swimmers: Head Coach Richard Garza Texas Ford Aquatics Dallas, TX the.richard.garza@gmail.com Assistant Coach Kata Rutherford Suncoast Swim Fit Wesley Chapel, FL katalinrutherford@gmail.com Assistant Coach Martin Wagner Suncoast Swim Fit Holiday, FL martinmbls@icloud.com Assistant Coach Janelle Higashida Bozeman Masters Bozeman, MT coach@bozemanmasters.org They may be a good resource.
  • I understand that the older age groups will compete at the pool on Margaret Island (Alfred Hajos Complex), while the younger age groups will swim at the new Danube Arena facility (Dagaly Swimming Complex). Are there plans for the USMS coaches to be at both locations? I haven't found any confirmation yet of the venue designation on the FINA website, nor what would be considered older age groups versus younger age groups.
  • Please note the Coaches selected to help with USMS Swimmers: Head Coach Richard Garza Texas Ford Aquatics Dallas, TX the.richard.garza@gmail.com Assistant Coach Kata Rutherford Suncoast Swim Fit Wesley Chapel, FL katalinrutherford@gmail.com Assistant Coach Martin Wagner Suncoast Swim Fit Holiday, FL martinmbls@icloud.com Assistant Coach Janelle Higashida Bozeman Masters Bozeman, MT coach@bozemanmasters.org They may be a good resource. Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!
  • Is anyone going over from the tri-state area? Other states as well? Looking to sync up with USMS masters swimmers going to Hungary. I know 3 other swimmers so far. It would be nice to meet. :) i'm going. It would be great to have a USA roster. If we wanna get really ambitious, maybe a USA social event of some sort.
  • Another thought, does anyone know about relays? Can these be entered as a country? If so, is the coaching staff going to organize this?
  • Another thought, does anyone know about relays? Can these be entered as a country? If so, is the coaching staff going to organize this? Relays must be entered and paid for online before the deadline and then verified at the venue before the separate deadline. No, relays cannot be entered as a country. The relay members must all be from the same USMS registered club.
  • John and Mary Pohlmann from St Louis Area Masters (SLAM) are going to Budapest.
  • i'm going. It would be great to have a USA roster. If we wanna get really ambitious, maybe a USA social event of some sort. Hi Evan, can you reach out to me via email? I'm sending out an email to all the swimmers I know are going and the coaches. Trying to get a list coordinated now. jkyff@optonline.net
  • Another thought, does anyone know about relays? Can these be entered as a country? If so, is the coaching staff going to organize this? I pretty sure you have to all be on the same team within a country.