Budapest 2017

Does anybody know when the dates for the Masters World Championships at Budapest will be announced?
Parents
  • Can any of the people who have participated in a FINA world championship event give us some input regarding the meet size/ organization/ quality. From what I have been able to gather it sounds like a LOT of people participate. input on warmup space etc... would be great. I agree with what ElaineK said about Montreal. There were 6,123 swimmers entered there. I have been to 9 of the last 14 FINA World Championships. The number of participants tends to be overwhelming (especially in Europe). The largest was Riccione, Italy in 2012 with 9,674 swimmers. Kazan, Russia last year was small with 2,640 and very few from USA. The facilities vary greatly depending on the venue. I'm told there will be three pools available in Budapest, with the other aquatic sports not scheduled to conflict with the pool competition.
  • Can any of the people who have participated in a FINA world championship event give us some input regarding the meet size/ organization/ quality. From what I have been able to gather it sounds like a LOT of people participate. input on warmup space etc... would be great. I agree with what ElaineK said about Montreal. There were 6,123 swimmers entered there. I have been to 9 of the last 14 FINA World Championships. The number of participants tends to be overwhelming (especially in Europe). The largest was Riccione, Italy in 2012 with 9,674 swimmers. Kazan, Russia last year was small with 2,640 and very few from USA. The facilities vary greatly depending on the venue. I'm told there will be three pools available in Budapest, with the other aquatic sports not scheduled to conflict with the pool competition.
Children
No Data