Budapest 2017

Does anybody know when the dates for the Masters World Championships at Budapest will be announced?
Parents
  • Can any of the people who have participated in a FINA world championship event give us some input regarding the meet size/ organization/ quality. From what I have been able to gather it sounds like a LOT of people participate. input on warmup space etc... would be great. Montreal (in 2014) was a ZOO! :afraid:There were 9,000 +/- participants in swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, water polo, and open water swimming. Since diving was running at the same time as swimming, it was a crowded, crazy mess of people! The warm-up lanes were crazy, the locker room was crazier, and there was very little shade available. Swimmers were crammed under the tent to escape the sun. Having said all that, I wouldn't have missed that awesome experience of competing at a World Championships! It's what you make of it. It was so much fun meeting people from around the world as well as from USMS. Just today, I ran into the USMS Team Coach, Tim Waud, in the hospitality suite at the convention: 10717 The facilities and conditions in Budapest may be better or worse. Who know? The past doesn't dictate the future, and each country handles it differently. Just don't count on FINA officials to make themselves useful. The meet was WAY understaffed, probably because the FINA officials were off touring Montreal, and being wined and dined like fat cats. :shakeshead: Regarding Budapest, I was there in July, and it's a wonderful city. Make sure to walk one of the bridges at night to take in the city lights along the river. Better yet, take an evening cruise on the river to enjoy the city lights. It is GORGEOUS! :applaud:
  • Can any of the people who have participated in a FINA world championship event give us some input regarding the meet size/ organization/ quality. From what I have been able to gather it sounds like a LOT of people participate. input on warmup space etc... would be great. Montreal (in 2014) was a ZOO! :afraid:There were 9,000 +/- participants in swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, water polo, and open water swimming. Since diving was running at the same time as swimming, it was a crowded, crazy mess of people! The warm-up lanes were crazy, the locker room was crazier, and there was very little shade available. Swimmers were crammed under the tent to escape the sun. Having said all that, I wouldn't have missed that awesome experience of competing at a World Championships! It's what you make of it. It was so much fun meeting people from around the world as well as from USMS. Just today, I ran into the USMS Team Coach, Tim Waud, in the hospitality suite at the convention: 10717 The facilities and conditions in Budapest may be better or worse. Who know? The past doesn't dictate the future, and each country handles it differently. Just don't count on FINA officials to make themselves useful. The meet was WAY understaffed, probably because the FINA officials were off touring Montreal, and being wined and dined like fat cats. :shakeshead: Regarding Budapest, I was there in July, and it's a wonderful city. Make sure to walk one of the bridges at night to take in the city lights along the river. Better yet, take an evening cruise on the river to enjoy the city lights. It is GORGEOUS! :applaud:
Children
No Data