Best swim at Mt Hood

Noriko Inada drops over 6 secs from seed time to break world record in 50 back...wait... it's her record she broke?!
Parents
  • Try to stay with me Mollie. Your quote includes two DIFFERENT swimmers. I've officially called out two relays and 3 individuals in this thread (I only went to a state school but I think that's more than one). I am a member of USMS and can post what I want (within certain rules). You are welcome to read it or not. While you find it amusing and are dumbfounded why I care, I too am perplexed by a different reason--why you don't care about sportsmanship and respect for others. My main point was only that you've called out one single swimmer in this thread by name. To me, it seems if you're willing to name a specific swimmer, but only make oblique references to other teams, you've got a bigger bone to pick with the swimmer you've called out by name. And I think you're making a big leap that she's being unsportsmanlike and disrespectful by seeding herself the way she does. Unless you've talked to her, how can you know her motives for seeding herself in the manner that she does? Again, those of us who are directly impacted by her seeding decisions aren't whinging about them, so I guess I'm never going to understand your distress. Unless you have a horse in this race that I'm not seeing? Also, nowhere in my post did I tell you that you can't post whatever you'd like. Not implicitly or explicitly. But I can express my perplexity with your fixation on this specific swimmer. And why you consider sandbagging disrespectful.
  • Try to stay with me Mollie. Your quote includes two DIFFERENT swimmers. I've officially called out two relays and 3 individuals in this thread (I only went to a state school but I think that's more than one). I am a member of USMS and can post what I want (within certain rules). You are welcome to read it or not. While you find it amusing and are dumbfounded why I care, I too am perplexed by a different reason--why you don't care about sportsmanship and respect for others. My main point was only that you've called out one single swimmer in this thread by name. To me, it seems if you're willing to name a specific swimmer, but only make oblique references to other teams, you've got a bigger bone to pick with the swimmer you've called out by name. And I think you're making a big leap that she's being unsportsmanlike and disrespectful by seeding herself the way she does. Unless you've talked to her, how can you know her motives for seeding herself in the manner that she does? Again, those of us who are directly impacted by her seeding decisions aren't whinging about them, so I guess I'm never going to understand your distress. Unless you have a horse in this race that I'm not seeing? Also, nowhere in my post did I tell you that you can't post whatever you'd like. Not implicitly or explicitly. But I can express my perplexity with your fixation on this specific swimmer. And why you consider sandbagging disrespectful.
Children
No Data