Best swim at Mt Hood

Noriko Inada drops over 6 secs from seed time to break world record in 50 back...wait... it's her record she broke?!
Parents
  • ... If you won the fast heat at nationals and thought you had won, you would have been wrong. The first person mentioned in this thread always enters extremely slow times (also the same team) and regularly kills the heats she is in (and is a 3 time Olympian). I'm not disputing she is a great swimmer. I just cannot believe that the ridiculously slow times she enters is fear of failure. ... I think it's pretty laughable that you're so bent out of shape about this one specific swimmer. Most of us who have the misfortune of being both in her age group and swimming the same events know she's going to do what she does - we account for that when we see psych sheets, we automatically bump ourselves down a place in the heat to get our actual results once we've actually swum, and we move on. You're not the same gender or age as her, and if those of us actually impacted by it have come to terms with it (or don't even care about it in the first place), why do you have to whine about it? And so publicly call her out?
  • ... If you won the fast heat at nationals and thought you had won, you would have been wrong. The first person mentioned in this thread always enters extremely slow times (also the same team) and regularly kills the heats she is in (and is a 3 time Olympian). I'm not disputing she is a great swimmer. I just cannot believe that the ridiculously slow times she enters is fear of failure. ... I think it's pretty laughable that you're so bent out of shape about this one specific swimmer. Most of us who have the misfortune of being both in her age group and swimming the same events know she's going to do what she does - we account for that when we see psych sheets, we automatically bump ourselves down a place in the heat to get our actual results once we've actually swum, and we move on. You're not the same gender or age as her, and if those of us actually impacted by it have come to terms with it (or don't even care about it in the first place), why do you have to whine about it? And so publicly call her out?
Children
No Data