Best swim at Mt Hood

Noriko Inada drops over 6 secs from seed time to break world record in 50 back...wait... it's her record she broke?!
Parents
  • My position is that someone may have a reason to sandbag that is different than "just to be a jerk". I absolutely get where you are coming from but I still believe we are talking about different things. I'm coming at it from a sportsmanship, personal integrity, fair play kind of angle. We all add some time from year to year to our seed times as we presume we are getting slower. That is normal. I'm also the poster boy of irony as I'm the most famous sandbagger in USMS (I have had two past attempts--one successful and one not). If you were in the two relays that got second after winning the fast heat in Portland and noted a certain team from the slow heat dropped two minutes, you might be pissed you were not afforded the opportunity to race that team. The winner in my age group for the 100 back in my age group at Greensboro, won from slow heat and surprise!...was also from that same team and repeatedly enters extremely slow times. If you won the fast heat at nationals and thought you had won, you would have been wrong. The first person mentioned in this thread always enters extremely slow times (also the same team) and regularly kills the heats she is in (and is a 3 time Olympian). I'm not disputing she is a great swimmer. I just cannot believe that the ridiculously slow times she enters is fear of failure. I know you don't agree with my methods and I understand the practice of sandbagging in all its forms is certainly all legal and legit (if the race director allows you to get away with it). Frankly, despite evidence to the contrary of this never ending thread, I don't really care that much. There are certainly many culprits, but many I believe are unaware and innocent. I'm just calling out the repeat offenders that are really good swimmers that ought to know better...just to let them know that I think it's kind of a *** move(s).
  • My position is that someone may have a reason to sandbag that is different than "just to be a jerk". I absolutely get where you are coming from but I still believe we are talking about different things. I'm coming at it from a sportsmanship, personal integrity, fair play kind of angle. We all add some time from year to year to our seed times as we presume we are getting slower. That is normal. I'm also the poster boy of irony as I'm the most famous sandbagger in USMS (I have had two past attempts--one successful and one not). If you were in the two relays that got second after winning the fast heat in Portland and noted a certain team from the slow heat dropped two minutes, you might be pissed you were not afforded the opportunity to race that team. The winner in my age group for the 100 back in my age group at Greensboro, won from slow heat and surprise!...was also from that same team and repeatedly enters extremely slow times. If you won the fast heat at nationals and thought you had won, you would have been wrong. The first person mentioned in this thread always enters extremely slow times (also the same team) and regularly kills the heats she is in (and is a 3 time Olympian). I'm not disputing she is a great swimmer. I just cannot believe that the ridiculously slow times she enters is fear of failure. I know you don't agree with my methods and I understand the practice of sandbagging in all its forms is certainly all legal and legit (if the race director allows you to get away with it). Frankly, despite evidence to the contrary of this never ending thread, I don't really care that much. There are certainly many culprits, but many I believe are unaware and innocent. I'm just calling out the repeat offenders that are really good swimmers that ought to know better...just to let them know that I think it's kind of a *** move(s).
Children
No Data