2016 SPMS SCY Champs same Location as 2017 SCY Nationals

Riverside Aquatics is proud to host the 2016 SPMS and SW Zone SCY Championships! This is your chance to compete in the same pool that will be hosting the 2017 Spring Short Course Nationals – April 27-30, 2017. Registration Price goes up on April 4th so don't delay. www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
  • I was at the Riverside meet and was expecting a great facility. The consensus in Southern California is that there's a lot lacking for this facility to be able to host SC Nationals with approximately 1800 swimmers (there was only a fraction of that at the SPMS Championships). The meet was run well. The warm-up pool will be very crowded, the parking is a long walk from the facility, the locker room is tiny, there were 4 bathroom stalls (for the women), the deck space was very limited with minimal shade (and it was in the 80's in mid-April and windy), no stands for spectator viewing, and the pool wasn't particularly "fast" (and the starting blocks were old.) Similar facility to Santa Clara (at least they have parking and places to set up shade structures). I consider the gold standard so far to be San Antonio and it certainly wasn't anything like that. Even the lodging selection isn't great. Will be curious to see the Greensboro facility this week. Not looking forward to next years spring Nationals in Riverside...but the big event for us anyway is Budapest.
  • The warm up pools you are referring to are behind the diving boards. Both are old, one looked to be 25 yards and about 6 lanes. The other was smaller, not sure if it was a diving well or a kiddie pool.
  • I was at the Riverside meet and was expecting a great facility. The consensus in Southern California is that there's a lot lacking for this facility to be able to host SC Nationals with approximately 1800 swimmers (there was only a fraction of that at the SPMS Championships). The meet was run well. The warm-up pool will be very crowded, the parking is a long walk from the facility, the locker room is tiny, there were 4 bathroom stalls (for the women), the deck space was very limited with minimal shade (and it was in the 80's in mid-April and windy), no stands for spectator viewing, and the pool wasn't particularly "fast" (and the starting blocks were old.) Similar facility to Santa Clara (at least they have parking and places to set up shade structures). I consider the gold standard so far to be San Antonio and it certainly wasn't anything like that. Even the lodging selection isn't great. Will be curious to see the Greensboro facility this week. Not looking forward to next years spring Nationals in Riverside...but the big event for us anyway is Budapest. I'm afraid you are right.I thought the pool was reasonably fast and this meet was well organized,but bathrooms,parking and places to sit out of the shade may be an issue.I understand that there are 2 other pools there which I assume will be available for warm up,but I didn't go to look at them and can't say what they look like.
  • Thanx for the info. I'm thinking of going next year.