Backstroke Ledge at Nationals ?

I've asked one of the meet directors if the ledge would be available for the meet in Greensboro and received the answer. No. Certainly not what I expected. Last year in San Antonio, after having them available on Wed and distance day on Thurs they were removed. I spoke with the Colorado Timing rep that was at the meet who was also disappointed and had hoped they would be available this year. Has anyone ever seen/used the ledge at a masters, high school or college meet ? I have seen them at the elite Meets but no where else. When the Nationals roll around it will be almost 2 years since they were approved. I wonder how long it will be before we are able to use them ?
Parents
  • Rio olympics have a ledge that must be removed by the official after each back start. Why did they not use the "retractable" ledge we used at Greensboro? The two styles each have pros and cons. There aren't many heats in the Olympics vs USMS Nationals having heats all day long (i.e. retractable units are "self service" and don't require a volunteer for each lane to move them after the start). The Greensboro facility happened to have a set of Colorado ledges (retractable style) so they rented a second set for the other course. It wouldn't have made practical/financial sense to rent two sets of the other style.
  • Rio olympics have a ledge that must be removed by the official after each back start. Why did they not use the "retractable" ledge we used at Greensboro? The two styles each have pros and cons. There aren't many heats in the Olympics vs USMS Nationals having heats all day long (i.e. retractable units are "self service" and don't require a volunteer for each lane to move them after the start). The Greensboro facility happened to have a set of Colorado ledges (retractable style) so they rented a second set for the other course. It wouldn't have made practical/financial sense to rent two sets of the other style.
Children
No Data