Backstroke Ledge at Nationals ?

I've asked one of the meet directors if the ledge would be available for the meet in Greensboro and received the answer. No. Certainly not what I expected. Last year in San Antonio, after having them available on Wed and distance day on Thurs they were removed. I spoke with the Colorado Timing rep that was at the meet who was also disappointed and had hoped they would be available this year. Has anyone ever seen/used the ledge at a masters, high school or college meet ? I have seen them at the elite Meets but no where else. When the Nationals roll around it will be almost 2 years since they were approved. I wonder how long it will be before we are able to use them ?
Parents
  • I used it for the 200 back. Easy to adjust and friendly to use at the start of a race. I tried learning how to adjust it in the diving well before the race use. If you pull it down from the center rather from the side, it pulls down level . I used it for both medley relays and the 200 back. I agree it was very easy to use and I pulled it all the way out, placed my feet where I wanted them and let it come up under my feet. It's was definitely an advantage. Now how long before FINA decides to take them away?
  • I used it for the 200 back. Easy to adjust and friendly to use at the start of a race. I tried learning how to adjust it in the diving well before the race use. If you pull it down from the center rather from the side, it pulls down level . I used it for both medley relays and the 200 back. I agree it was very easy to use and I pulled it all the way out, placed my feet where I wanted them and let it come up under my feet. It's was definitely an advantage. Now how long before FINA decides to take them away?
Children
No Data