Backstroke Ledge at Nationals ?

I've asked one of the meet directors if the ledge would be available for the meet in Greensboro and received the answer. No. Certainly not what I expected. Last year in San Antonio, after having them available on Wed and distance day on Thurs they were removed. I spoke with the Colorado Timing rep that was at the meet who was also disappointed and had hoped they would be available this year. Has anyone ever seen/used the ledge at a masters, high school or college meet ? I have seen them at the elite Meets but no where else. When the Nationals roll around it will be almost 2 years since they were approved. I wonder how long it will be before we are able to use them ?
Parents
  • Here is the pertinent info from update # 1 files.ctctcdn.com/.../278b6e9b-256e-46f3-a689-e26878f643a0.jpg static.ctctcdn.com/.../S.gif Facility Information The Venue The Greensboro Aquatic Center, which opened in 2011, is one of the United States' premier indoor aquatic facilities. If you participated in the 2012 USMS Spring Championships, then you already know what a fantastic facility it is. The GAC features three pools--a 50-meter x 25-yard competition pool, a diving well, and an instructional pool. Colorado Time Systems backstroke ledges will be in use at this meet. See our Backstroke Start Device instructional video on this great feature. The ledges will be in place on Wednesday afternoon for the warm-up period for practice. The competition pool will be divided by twin bulkheads into two, 10-lane courses for the meet. The depth of the competition pool is 9 to 10 feet throughout. All lanes are 7-feet wide. The competition pool opens at 6 a.m. each day of the meet. The warm-up pools will be open starting at 7 a.m. and there will be 13 lanes for warm-up in the diving well and instructional pools during competition.
  • Here is the pertinent info from update # 1 files.ctctcdn.com/.../278b6e9b-256e-46f3-a689-e26878f643a0.jpg static.ctctcdn.com/.../S.gif Facility Information The Venue The Greensboro Aquatic Center, which opened in 2011, is one of the United States' premier indoor aquatic facilities. If you participated in the 2012 USMS Spring Championships, then you already know what a fantastic facility it is. The GAC features three pools--a 50-meter x 25-yard competition pool, a diving well, and an instructional pool. Colorado Time Systems backstroke ledges will be in use at this meet. See our Backstroke Start Device instructional video on this great feature. The ledges will be in place on Wednesday afternoon for the warm-up period for practice. The competition pool will be divided by twin bulkheads into two, 10-lane courses for the meet. The depth of the competition pool is 9 to 10 feet throughout. All lanes are 7-feet wide. The competition pool opens at 6 a.m. each day of the meet. The warm-up pools will be open starting at 7 a.m. and there will be 13 lanes for warm-up in the diving well and instructional pools during competition.
Children
No Data