Backstroke Ledge at Nationals ?

I've asked one of the meet directors if the ledge would be available for the meet in Greensboro and received the answer. No. Certainly not what I expected. Last year in San Antonio, after having them available on Wed and distance day on Thurs they were removed. I spoke with the Colorado Timing rep that was at the meet who was also disappointed and had hoped they would be available this year. Has anyone ever seen/used the ledge at a masters, high school or college meet ? I have seen them at the elite Meets but no where else. When the Nationals roll around it will be almost 2 years since they were approved. I wonder how long it will be before we are able to use them ?
Parents
  • the range of the ledge according to the rules: adjustable 4 centimeters above or below the surface of the water ( 1.5+ inches) ... i remember the colorado timing ledges at san antonio as being able to go well below that ... i used it for practice as high as i could go and not put/curl my toes over the gutter (still against the rules) ... i wanted to get my butt as high as possible so on the start i could actually attempt to get it (my butt) airborne as opposed to plowing thru water as i currently do because i keep my feet lower to prevent slipping ... colorado timing ledges do not lock in place, once you pull it down you have to get a foot on it to secure it, it then retracts automatically after the start ... omega ledges lock into place at the start but do not retract, an official must pull them back up ... if they are supplied at a meet there use is not required
  • the range of the ledge according to the rules: adjustable 4 centimeters above or below the surface of the water ( 1.5+ inches) ... i remember the colorado timing ledges at san antonio as being able to go well below that ... i used it for practice as high as i could go and not put/curl my toes over the gutter (still against the rules) ... i wanted to get my butt as high as possible so on the start i could actually attempt to get it (my butt) airborne as opposed to plowing thru water as i currently do because i keep my feet lower to prevent slipping ... colorado timing ledges do not lock in place, once you pull it down you have to get a foot on it to secure it, it then retracts automatically after the start ... omega ledges lock into place at the start but do not retract, an official must pull them back up ... if they are supplied at a meet there use is not required
Children
No Data