Adult Onset Swimmer Qualifying for Nats

There is a person that I know who qualified for and will be competing at 2015 Spring Nationals next month (in 50 fly). This person did not swim as a child but came to swimming in their late 30s. Their first swim meet was at age 40. Is anyone aware of others who came to swimming in middle age and have been able to qualify for Nats? We're having a fun discussion about how common this is. We believe that there might be in some distance freestyle events given the popularity of triathlons. But suspect its less likely in stroke events. Anyone know of anyone? Thank you.
Parents
  • Thanks, Fly Trap! I had planned on going to Oregon when the location was first announced; however, my husband and I decided to take a river cruise next year. Knowing the budget wouldn't allow us to do both, we went ahead and booked it for next summer. Bummer! Well, hopefully we'll hook up at a meet sometime in the future :)
  • Thanks, Fly Trap! I had planned on going to Oregon when the location was first announced; however, my husband and I decided to take a river cruise next year. Knowing the budget wouldn't allow us to do both, we went ahead and booked it for next summer. Bummer! Well, hopefully we'll hook up at a meet sometime in the future :)
Children
No Data