Adult Onset Swimmer Qualifying for Nats

There is a person that I know who qualified for and will be competing at 2015 Spring Nationals next month (in 50 fly). This person did not swim as a child but came to swimming in their late 30s. Their first swim meet was at age 40. Is anyone aware of others who came to swimming in middle age and have been able to qualify for Nats? We're having a fun discussion about how common this is. We believe that there might be in some distance freestyle events given the popularity of triathlons. But suspect its less likely in stroke events. Anyone know of anyone? Thank you.
Parents
  • MMLR, that's fantastic! Congratulations!! I'm amazed to hear about folks that not only qualify, but also place nationally. Amazing There is something else Fly Trap forgot to tell you. He was in a horrible accident last year, broke all sorts of bones, and STILL made it back strong to make NQT's! :applaud: Fly Trap, you are truly and inspiration. :bow: Thanks for your encouragement in your post (above) as well as throughout my hip surgery and recovery. I appreciate it! I will be cheering you and Rob on at Nationals from my computer here in Georgia! :cheerleader::cheerleader:
  • MMLR, that's fantastic! Congratulations!! I'm amazed to hear about folks that not only qualify, but also place nationally. Amazing There is something else Fly Trap forgot to tell you. He was in a horrible accident last year, broke all sorts of bones, and STILL made it back strong to make NQT's! :applaud: Fly Trap, you are truly and inspiration. :bow: Thanks for your encouragement in your post (above) as well as throughout my hip surgery and recovery. I appreciate it! I will be cheering you and Rob on at Nationals from my computer here in Georgia! :cheerleader::cheerleader:
Children
No Data