2016 Nationals

Were the venues for 2016 Nationals announced at convention?
  • Are the men and women swimming together as mixed events in the 1000 and 1650 or will we be separated by gender? Actually, here is a better quote from the Meet Info page with the specific answer to your question contained in the last sentence: Seeding Two courses will be used for all events. Women’s heats will precede men’s heats for each event, except that men’s and women’s heats may be seeded together for the 1000 and 1650 freestyles. The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age. The 500 free and 400 IM may be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age. The 200-yard events may be deck-seeded and may be seeded by entry time, regardless of age, for each gender. All 50 and 100 events will be preseeded by age group, with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each group. All seeding decisions will be announced at usms.org by April 11, 2016.
  • Elaine - I hope to meet you in person at this meet. We missed at Messa and & read you articles all the time. I have a great story for you. I'm in the 1,650 on thur & the 200 fly on fri. PM me if you get a chance. I'll see you in the 200 Fly. I met Elaine briefly in MD in 2014. Looking forward to meeting other Forumites at this one. Look for the guy in the TRYM gear.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    So proud of all the work you're putting into this next event! Keep up the training and lots of good luck!
  • 9 days till our state meet here in Illinois. I can't look at where I am in National heats till I finish those events. Nervous already.
  • from the Nats info page .... "Women’s heats will precede men’s heats for each event, except that men’s and women’s heats may be seeded together for the 1000 and 1650 freestyles. The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age" That does not answer my question! As a matter of fact-that is the question-which is it for the distance events! Thank you Jeff - my answer will come on April 11
  • Seeding The 1000 and 1650 freestyle events will be deck seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age and gender (i.e. men and women combined). The 400 IM and 500 freestyle events will be deck seeded by age group, with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group and men and women separate. All 50s, 100s and 200s will be pre-seeded by age group, with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group and men and women separate. Some limited exceptions may apply to swimmers not meeting National Qualifying Times--they may be seeded in heats closer to their seed times. Women’s heats will precede men’s heats for all events. All events will be swum in two 10-lane courses. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee
  • Hey Jeff, quick question. Just saw the meet entry deadlines email you sent out to the PV LMSC distro a few weeks ago and it says: "Please note if you are receiving this email that means you qualify to swim in masters Nationals (except for the 1650y freestyle, all registered USMS swimmers are eligible to swim up to three individual events and 4 relays without meeting any qualifying times)." Are swimmers allowed to swim 4 or 5 relays? Per the meet information page, "Each competitor is allowed to swim a maximum of five relays with only one freestyle relay, one medley relay, one mixed freestyle relay of each distance (i.e., 200/400) and one mixed medley relay." I'm putting my team's relays together now, so trying to figure out how many I can actually seed. Thanks!
  • Hey Jeff, quick question. Just saw the meet entry deadlines email you sent out to the PV LMSC distro a few weeks ago and it says: "Please note if you are receiving this email that means you qualify to swim in masters Nationals (except for the 1650y freestyle, all registered USMS swimmers are eligible to swim up to three individual events and 4 relays without meeting any qualifying times)." Are swimmers allowed to swim 4 or 5 relays? Per the meet information page, "Each competitor is allowed to swim a maximum of five relays with only one freestyle relay, one medley relay, one mixed freestyle relay of each distance (i.e., 200/400) and one mixed medley relay." I'm putting my team's relays together now, so trying to figure out how many I can actually seed. Thanks! Five relays. I had 4 in the email to PV because I forgot about the Mixed 400 Free Relay. Sorry about that.
  • The heat sheets for pre-seeded events, estimated timeline, and a PDF copy of the meet program have all been added to the website now. Thank you very much, Jim! :applaud:
  • Five relays. I had 4 in the email to PV because I forgot about the Mixed 400 Free Relay. Sorry about that. No worries, thank you! Just made my job a lot easier :-)