How many swimmers go to Nationals who *don't* meet the NQTs?

Hi everyone. I'm a slow fitness swimmer who hasn't competed since I was 14, but I'd like to start participating just because it looks fun. I understand that anyone *can* swim up to 3 events at Nationals, but do non-qualifiers take advantage of that? What proportion of heats 'd like to go, but don't want to slow everyone else down.
Parents
  • I signed up for the Nationals at University of Maryland, and also didn't make the qualifying times. I signed up for the three events that I was most interested in swimming that met my needs for the time period Thursday/Friday, 8/14-8/15. I don't wish to be there the entire 5 days. I have never been to a National Meet, and being chairperson for Marketing of Delaware Valley USMS swimming, I thought it would be a fun meet to try out. You should sign up if you are interested in going, and not worry about the qualifying times. I only did age group swimming from ages 8-12, and started back in Masters about 5 years ago after a 32 year vacation from competitive swimming. I am not sure if there is an exact number or people who go that don't make the qualifying times, it may vary from year to year.
  • I signed up for the Nationals at University of Maryland, and also didn't make the qualifying times. I signed up for the three events that I was most interested in swimming that met my needs for the time period Thursday/Friday, 8/14-8/15. I don't wish to be there the entire 5 days. I have never been to a National Meet, and being chairperson for Marketing of Delaware Valley USMS swimming, I thought it would be a fun meet to try out. You should sign up if you are interested in going, and not worry about the qualifying times. I only did age group swimming from ages 8-12, and started back in Masters about 5 years ago after a 32 year vacation from competitive swimming. I am not sure if there is an exact number or people who go that don't make the qualifying times, it may vary from year to year.
Children
No Data