How many swimmers go to Nationals who *don't* meet the NQTs?

Hi everyone. I'm a slow fitness swimmer who hasn't competed since I was 14, but I'd like to start participating just because it looks fun. I understand that anyone *can* swim up to 3 events at Nationals, but do non-qualifiers take advantage of that? What proportion of heats 'd like to go, but don't want to slow everyone else down.
Parents
  • Unfortunately, you ran into the wrong guy. :badday: Please don't judge the Nationals experience based on a comment made by a loser like that. I have competed in several Nationals, and I didn't make NQT's in most of them. My experiences have been quite the opposite of yours, and I found the other competitors to be very positive and welcoming. It's too bad you didn't give it another try when it was in Arizona. I hope you will reconsider going to a Nationals in the future, because it's an awesome experience! :agree:
  • Unfortunately, you ran into the wrong guy. :badday: Please don't judge the Nationals experience based on a comment made by a loser like that. I have competed in several Nationals, and I didn't make NQT's in most of them. My experiences have been quite the opposite of yours, and I found the other competitors to be very positive and welcoming. It's too bad you didn't give it another try when it was in Arizona. I hope you will reconsider going to a Nationals in the future, because it's an awesome experience! :agree:
Children
No Data