Trolling for a Relay and Relay requirements

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, My club affiliation is UC37. The Relay Information Page says, "Each of the four members of any relay team must be properly registered with the same Masters club." If interpreted literally, could I find 3 other unattached (no club) Masters swimmers and make up a relay??? What do you know? What do you think? Do I need to find a club and join, even if I can't train with them just so I can swim a relay or three? Mixed or mens! Anyone want a relay member?!! 55-59, M 50 fr = 24.63; 50 ba = 32.8; I have not idea what a 50 br would be, don't think I've swum that since 11-12 age group! (I'm guessing I can beat that 50 back time, I did a deck entry at a USA meet when I found they'd set the 50s as Open age.) PT
  • PT, if you're in Oregon why not register under the Oregon LMSC? We'll probably have quite a few people coming down to Santa Clara and I'd bet you could be of use on one of our relay teams.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 10 years ago
    2014 USMS Rule Book, Article 201.3.4: 201.3.4 An unattached swimmer is an individual member who is registered with the UC through an LMSC. Swimmers registered with the UC shall not compete in relays or score points in competition. Competing while registered with UC shall not be considered as representing a club for the purposes of article 201.3.5.
  • As stated previously, 201.3.4 states that swimmers registered with the UC through an LMSC cannot compete in relays. All other rules regarding unattached swimmers continue to function as they were previously interpreted. Those other rules are: 102.9.1, 104.5.4A, 201.1.2, 201.1.3A, 201.1.3B, and 201.3.5. See the full text of the rules announcement regarding this and other FINA rule changes that were effective 9/25/13 and published on the Rule Book page of the USMS website. Kathy Casey, Chair USMS Rules Committee