Time Between Events: 2014 Spring Nats

Former Member
Former Member
hi all, I'm used to being able to enter 3 ind. events and 1 relay per day in USA Swimming meets. Kind of a bummer - have the expense of the away meet and not be able to swim more than 6 total events. (Does that entry limit of 6 include relays?) Bit of a bummer since I meet the QT for all but the 100 ***, my biggest miss at 0.3 sec; 50 back, 0.1 sec and 50 ***, NT. But, I guess the question is still relevant 'cause the events I'm most likely to enter are 10 & 12 and 40 & 42. The recovery time between the 50 free and the 200 back almost doesn't matter (or not as much.) But, the recovery time between the 100 back and 200 free is going to be important. The order of events that I'd be interested in are stacked up pretty tight on Friday and Sunday. Does anyone have an idea they can give me on what kind of recovery time there might actually be between events? 10 - 50 Fr 12 - 200 Ba 14 - 100 Br 38 - 50 Br 40 - 100 Ba 42 - 200 Fr Saturday is really no issue as I really only have the 100 Fr and then I'll probably do the 50 Ba, just 'cause! Cheers, PT
  • hi all, I'm used to being able to enter 3 ind. events and 1 relay per day in USA Swimming meets. Kind of a bummer - have the expense of the away meet and not be able to swim more than 6 total events. (Does that entry limit of 6 include relays?) You may swim all relays - they don't count in the 6 event limit. Please also note the 6th event may be dropped in the event of a very large meet (i.e. long session timelines). More info is given in the Meet Information about the 6th event: www.usms.org/.../scnats14meetinfo The order of events that I'd be interested in are stacked up pretty tight on Friday and Sunday. Does anyone have an idea they can give me on what kind of recovery time there might actually be between events? You can get a general idea of the durations for each event by looking at past Nationals' timelines. The order of events are different, but just look at the start/finish times for each event to build your own estimated timeline. Keep in mind overall meet size and the number of lanes will affect the data. But it is certainly a good general guide. Here are the recent meet links: 2013 Spring Nationals: www.usms.org/.../timeline.pdf (1600+ swimmers) 2012 Spring Nationals: www.usms.org/.../timeline.pdf (1800+ swimmers) 2011 Spring Nationals: www.usms.org/.../timeline.pdf (1800+ swimmers) 2010 Spring Nationals: www.usms.org/.../timeline.pdf (1975 swimmers) Jeff Roddin