Swimming against your competion

I am not usually one to complain about swim meets, since I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on.... And I fully understand that this is the largest LCM Nationals in the history of Masters Swimming.... But really... Not being able to swim against your competition in the 200's??? This is not a local meet. This is the Nationals. The ONLY time I get to swim against my own age group. There needs to be a better solution.
Parents
  • I personally even enjoy watching the heats before me and seeing those standout performances by those swimmers who kill the competition in their age group. For me it's really inspiring and one of the reasons why I love Nationals. Those swimmers' accomplishments will definitely go under the radar and it's unfortunate.despite my previous comments as a racer in the pool, as a swim fan, I agree with this. At the end of the day, I can go both ways on this issue and find the joy racing under either environment. Moreover, I am SO grateful for all the volunteers who go to great lengths to put on Nationals and the people on the organizing committee who have to make these tough calls. as for tomorrow, I am happy not to be seeded by age group so I won't have to cry in my goggles as I watch Kurt speed away from me in the 200!
  • I personally even enjoy watching the heats before me and seeing those standout performances by those swimmers who kill the competition in their age group. For me it's really inspiring and one of the reasons why I love Nationals. Those swimmers' accomplishments will definitely go under the radar and it's unfortunate.despite my previous comments as a racer in the pool, as a swim fan, I agree with this. At the end of the day, I can go both ways on this issue and find the joy racing under either environment. Moreover, I am SO grateful for all the volunteers who go to great lengths to put on Nationals and the people on the organizing committee who have to make these tough calls. as for tomorrow, I am happy not to be seeded by age group so I won't have to cry in my goggles as I watch Kurt speed away from me in the 200!
Children
No Data