Swimming against your competion

I am not usually one to complain about swim meets, since I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on.... And I fully understand that this is the largest LCM Nationals in the history of Masters Swimming.... But really... Not being able to swim against your competition in the 200's??? This is not a local meet. This is the Nationals. The ONLY time I get to swim against my own age group. There needs to be a better solution.
Parents
  • So do you think Dave swam slower because the announcer didn’t recognize his accomplishment? I think Allen was merely saying that the accomplishment went unnoticed. Like Allen, I have plenty of fast people in my own age group to race. It's more meaningful to be racing them head to head than some 20+ year old at nationals. And I'm not buying Patrick's assertion that lanes 1 and 8 are underrated. Maybe they're not a huge negative at nationals in pools comparable to Omaha in terms of waves, but you still can't see the other swimmers well. I'm never happy to be in wall lanes (especially if it's in a mixed gender meet). And I literally just saw a swimmer complaining on FB that she and her age group competition were in lanes 1 and 8 for a distance event.
  • So do you think Dave swam slower because the announcer didn’t recognize his accomplishment? I think Allen was merely saying that the accomplishment went unnoticed. Like Allen, I have plenty of fast people in my own age group to race. It's more meaningful to be racing them head to head than some 20+ year old at nationals. And I'm not buying Patrick's assertion that lanes 1 and 8 are underrated. Maybe they're not a huge negative at nationals in pools comparable to Omaha in terms of waves, but you still can't see the other swimmers well. I'm never happy to be in wall lanes (especially if it's in a mixed gender meet). And I literally just saw a swimmer complaining on FB that she and her age group competition were in lanes 1 and 8 for a distance event.
Children
No Data