Swimming against your competion

I am not usually one to complain about swim meets, since I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on.... And I fully understand that this is the largest LCM Nationals in the history of Masters Swimming.... But really... Not being able to swim against your competition in the 200's??? This is not a local meet. This is the Nationals. The ONLY time I get to swim against my own age group. There needs to be a better solution.
Parents
  • I guess it brings me back to the point that the fastest person in an age group could end up swimming in lane 8 being swallowed up by swimmers 20 years younger.I believe at nationals they seed according to USMS 102.10.1.C “”It is recommended that when swimmers are seeded by time and not by age groups, the fastest two swimmers in each age group should not be seeded into outside lanes. It is recommended that they be moved inward one lane or given the center lanes in the next slowest heat, whichever is the more appropriate placement.” And if seeded by time, it is just as likely that the elder swimmer will be the swallower as the swallowee.
  • I guess it brings me back to the point that the fastest person in an age group could end up swimming in lane 8 being swallowed up by swimmers 20 years younger.I believe at nationals they seed according to USMS 102.10.1.C “”It is recommended that when swimmers are seeded by time and not by age groups, the fastest two swimmers in each age group should not be seeded into outside lanes. It is recommended that they be moved inward one lane or given the center lanes in the next slowest heat, whichever is the more appropriate placement.” And if seeded by time, it is just as likely that the elder swimmer will be the swallower as the swallowee.
Children
No Data