Swimming against your competion

I am not usually one to complain about swim meets, since I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on.... And I fully understand that this is the largest LCM Nationals in the history of Masters Swimming.... But really... Not being able to swim against your competition in the 200's??? This is not a local meet. This is the Nationals. The ONLY time I get to swim against my own age group. There needs to be a better solution.
Parents
  • What is the difference in the total time a 200 event takes if it is seeded by time within gender (like Omaha & Mission nationals were/are) and seeding it by time within age within gender (like most other national meets in the past few years have been seeded, with a few heats of mixed age groups to minimize total number of heats)? Assume you require positive check-in and deck seed either way. Clearly the time within gender seeding will take less time, but I'm curious as to how much of a difference there is.
  • What is the difference in the total time a 200 event takes if it is seeded by time within gender (like Omaha & Mission nationals were/are) and seeding it by time within age within gender (like most other national meets in the past few years have been seeded, with a few heats of mixed age groups to minimize total number of heats)? Assume you require positive check-in and deck seed either way. Clearly the time within gender seeding will take less time, but I'm curious as to how much of a difference there is.
Children
No Data