Swimming against your competion

I am not usually one to complain about swim meets, since I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on.... And I fully understand that this is the largest LCM Nationals in the history of Masters Swimming.... But really... Not being able to swim against your competition in the 200's??? This is not a local meet. This is the Nationals. The ONLY time I get to swim against my own age group. There needs to be a better solution.
Parents
  • There needs to be a better solution.I personally believe the Championship Committee and our Masters Swimming leadership DO come up with the better solutions. The committee does not make these decisions without a lot of discussion. And they generally fully understand the ramifications of the decisions they make. Are you suggesting it is fair and understandable that the 400/800/1500 swimmers can't swim against their age group but the 200s should swim against their age group? I don’t believe the original post mentioned fairness. It was more a matter of personal preference and perceived inconvenience. …I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on…This I completely agree with!
  • There needs to be a better solution.I personally believe the Championship Committee and our Masters Swimming leadership DO come up with the better solutions. The committee does not make these decisions without a lot of discussion. And they generally fully understand the ramifications of the decisions they make. Are you suggesting it is fair and understandable that the 400/800/1500 swimmers can't swim against their age group but the 200s should swim against their age group? I don’t believe the original post mentioned fairness. It was more a matter of personal preference and perceived inconvenience. …I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to putting one on…This I completely agree with!
Children
No Data