Attendance at 2013 LCM nationals

Most season there is a running guess on attendance at Nationals ? With the success of PanAm and location of LCM on the west coast, I'm guess for a lower turnout - 899. What is your guess and are you attending ! Anthony Thompson MOVY Masters
  • Most season there is a running guess on attendance at Nationals ? With the success of PanAm and location of LCM on the west coast, I'm guess for a lower turnout - 899. What is your guess and are you attending ! Anthony Thompson MOVY Masters Guess you missed it on the other thread... ;)
  • Due to the all-time record number of entries and expected long days, the Championship Committee has decided to drop the sixth event. Swimmers who entered six events will be scratched from their sixth event. Psych sheets will be posted on the meet information page shortly (perhaps by the time you read this). The 800 and 1500 freestyle events will be deck seeded by time (men and women combined). All 200s and the 400 IM and 400 freestyle events will be deck seeded by time (men and women separate). All other events will be pre-seeded by age group (men and women separate). THEREFORE ALL EVENTS 200 AND LONGER WILL REQUIRE POSITIVE CHECK-IN. Heat sheets for preseeded events, as well as the estimated timeline, are expected to be posted on the USMS website on or about July 24. If you are unable to attend, please note refund requests must be received in writing (USPS or email) by July 10, 2013. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee Chair championship@usms.org
  • Due to the all-time record number of entries and expected long days, the Championship Committee has decided to drop the sixth event. Swimmers who entered six events will be scratched from their sixth event. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee Chair championship@usms.org Ok, go ahead and say it everybody: "Elaine-iaK, you are an IDIOT!" :doh: Yes, I'm the idiot who selected the 1500 as my 6th event, because I really want to swim the 400 IM and 200 fly (even though I will look like this in the fly: :cane: )! So, that means I paid for an extra night at the hotel and I can't even race the next day. And, changing our flights would cost even more. Oh well; it gives me one more day to get over jet lag. Message to Bill Sive: Thank you, but I won't need your counting assistance after all. :chug: Edit: Ok, now I'm going to whiiiiiine! I finally make NQT's in my three breaststroke events to qualify for six events, but I only get to swim 5. :censor:
  • Psych sheets Meet roster Team roster with swimmer events Swimmer lookup 1,404 swimmers as of right now (still a few days left for withdrawals). So much for your attendance prediction, when I saw you and Anna Lea last month. :D
  • I finally get to meet you! :groovy: You should be easy to spot on the pool deck with that life vest. Is the dolphin expensive to travel with?
  • You should be easy to spot on the pool deck with that life vest. Is the dolphin expensive to travel with? You should be easier to spot; I'll just look for somebody who looks like this: :bighug: . Can I rub your head for good luck? :D
  • You should be easier to spot; I'll just look for somebody who looks like this: :bighug: . Can I rub your head for good luck? :D touché.
  • Another parking question: My 85 year old mom and sister want to come see me swim. They will be driving in from Long Beach, so where should I tell them to park? Although my mom is not disabled, I would like to spare her a long walk. Is it even feasible to have spectators?