Nationals - 2014 & 2015 dates

Every now and then I have been asked about dates for future USMS Nationals. Here are the dates for the meets currently on the calendar: May 1-4, 2014 Spring Nationals: Santa Clara, CA August 13-17, 2014 Summer Nationals: University of Maryland College Park April 23-26, 2015 Spring Nationals: San Antonio, TX August 6-9, 2015 Summer Nationals: SPIRE Institute, Ohio Hosts for 2016 will be solicited and awarded next year. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee Chair
Parents
  • When will the decision be made to run the meet indoors or outdoors? The day after you enter all of the backstroke events... ;) Just kidding. I expect the outdoor pool (the one that just opened a week or two ago) to be the primary course. Most likely the indoor pool would only be used for contingency purposes. Since the courses would not be deemed equivalent, it could be possible to have men and women swim separately. That is, we don't want the situation to have one heat of a men's age group swimming one event outdoors while another heat of this same age group swimming the same event indoors. I like the flexibility of this complex since we have no idea how many swimmers will enter until the entry deadline. If the meet is "normal" size we can have tons of warm up space. If the meet is huge, we can make use of the extra capacity to keep the session timelines reasonable. Jeff
  • When will the decision be made to run the meet indoors or outdoors? The day after you enter all of the backstroke events... ;) Just kidding. I expect the outdoor pool (the one that just opened a week or two ago) to be the primary course. Most likely the indoor pool would only be used for contingency purposes. Since the courses would not be deemed equivalent, it could be possible to have men and women swim separately. That is, we don't want the situation to have one heat of a men's age group swimming one event outdoors while another heat of this same age group swimming the same event indoors. I like the flexibility of this complex since we have no idea how many swimmers will enter until the entry deadline. If the meet is "normal" size we can have tons of warm up space. If the meet is huge, we can make use of the extra capacity to keep the session timelines reasonable. Jeff
Children
No Data