Top ten and changing deadline

I guess the downside to changing the deadline of top ten to include spring nationals is that now one's times will not show up in the data base (unless you can top last years nationals times) until the final official top ten is reported like 8 months from now.  One vote for bad idea.

Parents
  • Hi Kurt,

When you say times won't show up in the data base, what exactly do you mean? The times DO show up under your individual results. The times from the Spring Nationals do show up in the Top 10 rankings for 2024. If you're referring to the Event Rankings (or overall rankings) then they show up under 2025, which granted, isn't quite accurate.

Mary Beth

• Hi Kurt,

When you say times won't show up in the data base, what exactly do you mean? The times DO show up under your individual results. The times from the Spring Nationals do show up in the Top 10 rankings for 2024. If you're referring to the Event Rankings (or overall rankings) then they show up under 2025, which granted, isn't quite accurate.

Mary Beth

Children
  • That's my point.  If you want to know where you are ranked, you generally look at event rankings for the next several months until official top ten is out. Now you will have no idea as generally 7-9 of top ten currently will be thrown out because they were done at 2024 nationals (opposite of what we did for post COVID nationals a few years ago). Am I wrong on this?

• I'm in agreement. It was hard for 2023-2024 not knowing if you'd be close to the Top Ten because Nationals fell outside the normal window. And it's hard again for 2024-2025 since last year's Nationals falls into the database range for 2024-2025.