Hardest Pool Event?

I always find myself in the most amount of pain after a 400 IM and consider that the hardest pool event. What events do you think are the hardest?

Parents
  • I might get in trouble for bumping a super old thread, but this is a fun one. I would say 400 IM, closely followed by the 200 LCM breast and 200 LCM fly. The SCY versions are significantly easier (but still hard) because of all the turns! Thank God for walls. 

• I might get in trouble for bumping a super old thread, but this is a fun one. I would say 400 IM, closely followed by the 200 LCM breast and 200 LCM fly. The SCY versions are significantly easier (but still hard) because of all the turns! Thank God for walls. 

Children
  • Especially on the 200 Fly!  I don't have the opportunity to train LCM, so the 200 LCM fly is brutal.  As I get closer to the wall, "Are we there yet?  Are we there yet??" runs through my head.  If I'm doing well, I will make a slow turn.  Otherwise, it's full-stop on those walls!

• Completely agree. LCM adds another level of difficultly!

• I prefer LCM and I think it is in general harder( there is a lot more swimming), but SCY 200s of back, fly, or breast are killers if you work the underwaters. I don’t  do long underwater dolphin kicks fly or back, but I salute those who do those who do. 200 SCY BR those last 2 or 3 pullouts are HARD.