Hardest Pool Event?

I always find myself in the most amount of pain after a 400 IM and consider that the hardest pool event. What events do you think are the hardest?

Parents
  • I always reply to similar “hardest events”or “most painful” posts with this because I can’t forget it. 2013 at UGA LCM meet a 50 fr SR for a 100 seeding 1:20.00 (45-49). Took the 50 all-out breathing once touching at 28.4 but didn’t sit at wall long enough before finishing.  Swimming back was the most desperate experience, breathing 3-4 times per stroke, trying not to sink. I touched in 1:21 but it even got worse after I crawled out of the pool. I had so much blood acid in my arms, chest and legs that I couldn’t move but had to move because it was getting worse.  Took about 5 minutes to buffer out the lactate.  It didn’t kill me but I often wonder if I was close.  Never again.

• I always reply to similar “hardest events”or “most painful” posts with this because I can’t forget it. 2013 at UGA LCM meet a 50 fr SR for a 100 seeding 1:20.00 (45-49). Took the 50 all-out breathing once touching at 28.4 but didn’t sit at wall long enough before finishing.  Swimming back was the most desperate experience, breathing 3-4 times per stroke, trying not to sink. I touched in 1:21 but it even got worse after I crawled out of the pool. I had so much blood acid in my arms, chest and legs that I couldn’t move but had to move because it was getting worse.  Took about 5 minutes to buffer out the lactate.  It didn’t kill me but I often wonder if I was close.  Never again.

Children
No Data