Virtual meet

I think the meet is a good idea. I’m in better shape than for the last one where I had swum one week before the meet. Don’t plan to shave and taper for it though. 

Parents
  • Looking at the results, several times are from smart watches or something similar. How does that work and is it accurate?

• Further review of times shows several that seem unlikely. They are all from smart watches, hmmm

• My limited experience is that the swim watches do fine enough in open water, but are highly suspect in the pool.  Though I totally dislike the 'form factor' of the Form goggles (too bulky), those are very good at actually recording times in the pool.

None of these - smart goggles or watches - though seem to be able to measure when you're kicking or doing drills.  

I have enjoyed many virtual OW events and think the watches are geared for those, and I do appreciate the effort of event organizers to try to create virtual pool events, but we just need to get back to racing IRL.

• My limited experience is that the swim watches do fine enough in open water, but are highly suspect in the pool.  Though I totally dislike the 'form factor' of the Form goggles (too bulky), those are very good at actually recording times in the pool.

None of these - smart goggles or watches - though seem to be able to measure when you're kicking or doing drills.  

I have enjoyed many virtual OW events and think the watches are geared for those, and I do appreciate the effort of event organizers to try to create virtual pool events, but we just need to get back to racing IRL.

Children
No Data