Top Ten list for 2020-21

A friend at the pool the other day opined that USMS might push back the May 31 deadline for 2020-21 SCY Top Ten to accommodate those swimming at our delayed SC Nats July 21-25.  Wanted to put in my two cents that I would be decisively against this idea.  It would be a one year exception that could negatively impact the list for years to come.  I would image there could be several swimmers that "age up" in that June 1 - July 25 time frame, who could "bump" others off the list.  Do not disenfranchise those that qualify within our current rules, for a one year exception.  I realize that with the pandemic some have not had the same opportunities to compete as others -  but suffice to say, there have been many areas of life that the pandemic has impacted in a less than equitable way.

Parents
  • It looks like the places with meets are mostly in the South. Florida has many Masters swimmers and meets, but the biggest number of swimmers is California (assuming most stay members during COVID)with no meets and a huge LMSC is New England which also seems to have no meets. 

• It looks like the places with meets are mostly in the South. Florida has many Masters swimmers and meets, but the biggest number of swimmers is California (assuming most stay members during COVID)with no meets and a huge LMSC is New England which also seems to have no meets. 

Children
No Data