2017 Postal Swimtathlon League: STAGE ONE RESULTS

THE POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE HAS SOME FAST SWIMMERS THIS YEAR! Of our 42 SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE members (28 women and 14 men), 11 new STAGE AGE GROUP RECORDS were set, and Merrie Walts of Santa Rosa Masters broke the overall Women's Stage One Record with a cumulative time of 3:21.15. WAY TO GO MERRIE! In addition to her, age group stage record were established by Kathleen Pelczynski. (30-34), Sandi York (40-44), Bethany Lee (45-49), Rebecca Friedlander (50-54), Pamela Ogden (60-64), Suzette Harkin (70-74), Charlotte Sanddal (95-99), Robbert Van Andel. (40-44), Tim Waud (50-54) and Peter Branson (60-64). We have an amazing group of swimmers from Wrangell, Alaska! It seems that Bruce McQueen is twisting the arms of everyone he knows to join our league. And, Tim Waud continues encouraging that excellent group of Oregon City Tankers. Thanks Tim and Bruce! Click here to see the STAGE ONE RESULTS. Included in the report are the overall results, by gender, and by age group. New this year, I am experimenting with an AGE GRADING factor which accounts for times regardless of age...it factors in the aging process! Stage Certificates and Awards are in mail. I hope you like the custom key chains from Mexico! So...The easy ones are over, and it's on to STAGE TWO (stroke 100s and the 200IM). Is it too early to dread STAGE 3? For those headed to USMS Nationals: Good Luck! I'll be kayaking for a friend on the SCAR Challenge outside of Mesa, AZ. I always enjoy seeing everyone at Nationals. The League has generated over $200 toward The Swim Guide to sample and monitor the recreational water quality of Flathead Lake. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! If you'd like to join The Postal Swimtathlon League, it's not too late. Click here to learn about the fun event: 2017 USMS POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE