POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE: Stage Three Results

STAGE THREE of the 2016 POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE is in the books, and I'm happy to report that 18 out of 31 athletes successfully completed the LONG DISTANCE pentathlon: 200s of each stroke AND the 400IM! We also added two more swimmers during the 3RD Quarter, so the Swimtathlon League is up to 31 total swimmers (21 women and 10 men)! We have swimmers from Germany, Alaska, Hawaii, and several states throughout the country. There were many notable achievements during Stage Three: 22-year-old twins Haley and Tirion Sheafor of South Carolina joined The League mid-quarter and rocked to the top female places. They also swam most of the Stage One and Stage Two events during the quarter, so look for them to challenge for top of the year-end league standings. Patrick Brundage of Arizona is FAST…I guess it helps to have a 25M pool in your backyard (literally). Lazy during the early summer for Stage Two, my wife Dana, completed all five events of Stage Three. She had NEVER swum a 400IM or 200 Fly before…and now she’s even thinking of swimming them in a meet! Charlotte Sanddal of Helena, MT and William Grohe of San Francisco, CA continue to impress as the oldest female and male at 94 and 83 years YOUNG respectively. The attached stage results are broken into three categories: OVERALL, GENDER, and AGE-GROUP BY GENDER. Each successful swimmer receives a customized certificate and a Stage Award! The CUMULATIVE, 15 event, rankings will be posted by the end of the month. During STAGE FOUR of the 4TH Quarter, participants may submit improved times for ANY of the 15 events or fill in any event they may have missed during the year. I may pick a couple of the events where I believe I can gain some time, and try to swim them as a TIME TRIAL in one of my practices. If that's not enough...over $200 has been given to the the Flathead Lakers (local 501c-3) to help protect the Flathead Lake watershed and keep it as one of the cleanest lakes in the world. LOOK FOR THE 2017 POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE SOON!
Parents
  • This is the last chance to submit new times during STAGE FOUR of the 2016 USMS POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE! I've received new and improved times from Patrick Brundage, Mark Rubacky, and Peggy Stringer. Heck, even my wife Dana and I made some nice improvement in an SCM meet in Idaho last month! SEND IN YOUR TIMES by Friday, December 15th. That's when I'll close down the season, put together the final results, and send out the YEAR-END AWARDS and CERTIFICATES. Click here to submit NEW TIMES! Click here for the CURRENT LEAGUE STANDINGS. Don't leave any event "un-swum!" (Is that a word?) Watch for details about the 2017 POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE shortly! With my software, I should be able to track records and individual year-to-year, event-over-event, improvement. I hope everyone is having a great start to the holiday season, and please let me know if you have any questions. Coach Mark
  • This is the last chance to submit new times during STAGE FOUR of the 2016 USMS POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE! I've received new and improved times from Patrick Brundage, Mark Rubacky, and Peggy Stringer. Heck, even my wife Dana and I made some nice improvement in an SCM meet in Idaho last month! SEND IN YOUR TIMES by Friday, December 15th. That's when I'll close down the season, put together the final results, and send out the YEAR-END AWARDS and CERTIFICATES. Click here to submit NEW TIMES! Click here for the CURRENT LEAGUE STANDINGS. Don't leave any event "un-swum!" (Is that a word?) Watch for details about the 2017 POSTAL SWIMTATHLON LEAGUE shortly! With my software, I should be able to track records and individual year-to-year, event-over-event, improvement. I hope everyone is having a great start to the holiday season, and please let me know if you have any questions. Coach Mark
Children
No Data