2015 Short Course Meters Championships Dec 4th, 5th 6th

The SPMS SCM Championships will be held Dec 4th, 5th & 6th. Details are being finalized. Below is a link showing the new venue and the host hotel which offers FREE Shuttle service to the pool. Make your reservations now. More information coming soon. Pool and Hotel Information Thanks, Kenny Brisbin Long Beach Grunions Meet Director
  • The SPMS SCM Championships will be held Dec 4th, 5th & 6th. Details are being finalized. Below is a link showing the new venue and the host hotel which offers FREE Shuttle service to the pool. Make your reservations now. More information coming soon. Pool and Hotel Information Thanks, Kenny Brisbin Long Beach Grunions Meet DirectorOh, bummer ... OUTDOORS? In December? :afraid: I was really looking forward to returning to Commerce as I thought that pool was great the last two years, but I guess I'll wait until the new, indoor facility in Long Beach comes online.
  • Oh, bummer ... OUTDOORS? In December? :afraid: I was really looking forward to returning to Commerce as I thought that pool was great the last two years, but I guess I'll wait until the new, indoor facility in Long Beach comes online. Belmont is probably many years out :(. The outdoor facility at La Mirada has some coverage and it is Southern California. If and that is a big "IF" it rains it is a light and still warm. Still hope to see you at the meet.
  • Belmont is probably many years out :(. Bummer #2 ... I thought it was closer to being real. The outdoor facility at La Mirada has some coverage and it is Southern California. If and that is a big "IF" it rains it is a light and still warm. Still hope to see you at the meet.Having slept on this, I've overcome my inner "cold-wimpiness" and will make an effort to be there. The meet is just too well-run and the competition too great to pass up. Sorry for my negativity and THANKS again for putting on one of the consistently best Masters meet in the country.
  • Bummer #2 ... I thought it was closer to being real. Having slept on this, I've overcome my inner "cold-wimpiness" and will make an effort to be there. The meet is just too well-run and the competition too great to pass up. Sorry for my negativity and THANKS again for putting on one of the consistently best Masters meet in the country. No worries and thanks for the nice words we do try to run a great meet.
  • Oh, bummer ... OUTDOORS? In December? That was my first reaction, too, based partly on how cold the Belmont pool has felt in the winter when the wind off the beach blasted through the drafty building ... La Mirada, however, is inland and thus should be more sheltered from the wind ... Here are the average temperatures for La Mirada: Date Average Low Average High Record Low Record High Average Precipitation Average Snow Dec 1 49° 72° 38° (1991) 84° (1988) 0.04" NA Dec 2 48° 72° 41° (1982) 86° (1981) 0.04" NA Dec 3 48° 72° 42° (2004) 84° (1989) 0.04" NA Dec 4 48° 72° 41° (2004) 88° (1979) 0.04" NA Dec 5 48° 72° 42° (1983) 88° (1979) 0.04" NA Dec 6 48° 72° 40° (2004) 86° (1988) 0.04" NA Dec 7 48° 71° 37° (1998) 86° (1989) 0.04" NA Dec 8 48° 71° 40° (1980) 88° (1989) 0.04" NA Dec 9 48° 71° 39° (1998) 86° (1989) 0.04" NA
  • I love this meet, but will definitely pass due to the outdoor venue.
  • 480 swimmers and looking like great weather this weekend. Psych Sheet and other information posted here: www.lbgrunions.org/generalinfo.html