AZ State SCY Champs = Skyline (Mesa) April 4th to 6th

If you thought Kino was great for the 2010 Masters Nationals, you should come race at Mesa's Skyline Aquatic Center, the same pool that will host USA Swimming's Grand Prix meet, April 4th to 6th for the Arizona Masters States SCY championships. The flyer's not up, but details and order of events are on Facebook - www.facebook.com/.../. Special note for distance swimmers - you can make a great weekend out of this with: 1,650 on Friday night 1,000 on Saturday 500 on Sunday afternoon PLUS, if you want to throw in an Open Water race, the Arizona Open Water Series kicks off on Sunday morning, April 6th in Tempe Town Lake (www.azopenwater.com/. The pool meet is timed with the OW event so that you can do both, if you want :) Order of events Friday April 4th Warm Ups start at 4:00pm, meet Starts at 5:00pm 1650 Freestyle (fastest to slowest) Saturday, April 5th Warm Ups start at 8:00am, meet Starts at 9:00am 400 Individual Medley (seeded slowest to fastest) 100 Freestyle 100 *** 200 Freestyle Relay 50 Butterfly 200 Backstroke 50 *** 200 Butterfly 1000 Freestyle (seeded fastest to slowest) Sunday, April 6th Warm Ups start at 11:00am, meet Starts at 12:00pm Note, Tempe Town Lake OW swims start at 8am so we are starting late Sunday to allow swimmers time to do both 100 Individual Medley 50 Freestyle 200 *** 100 Back 200 Medley Relay 200 Freestyle 100 Butterfly 200 Individual Medley 50 Back 500 Freestyle (seeded fastest to slowest)
  • question is...will the meet last longer than the scheduled warmups??? :D :bolt:
  • I would like to take a moment and gloat that I actually paid for first class on the return flight! I am really excited to visit chowsh and mooch off of staying with her, having her chauffer me around, and pay for all her lil' sis's meals while in town. Oh, and borrow all her clothes, too. YEAH!!! Jaadams, hopefully we'll meet again one day...probably in PHX. Their state meets usually have robust attendance, excellent competition, and ample deck space!
  • I would like to take a moment and gloat that I actually paid for first class on the return flight! I am really excited to visit chowsh and mooch off of staying with her, having her chauffer me around, and pay for all her lil' sis's meals while in town. Oh, and borrow all her clothes, too. YEAH!!! Jaadams, hopefully we'll meet again one day...probably in PHX. Their state meets usually have robust attendance, excellent competition, and ample deck space! Michelle, I think you're going to like the event even more as I believe it will include: Exhibition races of 25 of each stroke Exhibition 50 Monofin race Optional, additional Misty Hyman Clinic on Sunday morning Saturday night social
  • Michelle, I think you're going to like the event even more as I believe it will include: Exhibition races of 25 of each stroke Exhibition 50 Monofin race Optional, additional Misty Hyman Clinic on Sunday morning Saturday night social I saw that! With the exhibition events, that's more time I can be lurking in the locker rooms and using up all the hot water in the showers, or taking an extra long snooze in my deck chair!
  • The meet flyer is up and I have attached it here. Beyond the great meet lineup and the super-fast pool, you've also got two fun swimming options on Sunday morning: Misty Hyman clinic -- see meet flyer Open Water swim -- see www.azopenwater.com/