Big Shoulders swim in Chicago

Many on our team - Elgin Blue Wave - are in this race. Hope for good weather and mild water temps for all!
Parents
  • I can't see that any alternate location would have really been feasible for me to participate, unless there's some other lake right there in Chicago that somehow isn't on any map. What about a delay of 5 or 6 hours or 24 hours (I know this wouldn't have worked for some, but if they'd had know in advance, perhaps it would have)? Seems like there could be contingency plans made in advance and communicated to participants so that they could arrange their travel plans around those plans in case they need to be executed. Just really, really stinks to come all that way for a swim, spend all that time and money to get there, do all the training to be prepared and then come home having not done it. Even a delay to the afternoon would have allowed for the swim to go off safely. As would have a 24 hour delay.
  • I can't see that any alternate location would have really been feasible for me to participate, unless there's some other lake right there in Chicago that somehow isn't on any map. What about a delay of 5 or 6 hours or 24 hours (I know this wouldn't have worked for some, but if they'd had know in advance, perhaps it would have)? Seems like there could be contingency plans made in advance and communicated to participants so that they could arrange their travel plans around those plans in case they need to be executed. Just really, really stinks to come all that way for a swim, spend all that time and money to get there, do all the training to be prepared and then come home having not done it. Even a delay to the afternoon would have allowed for the swim to go off safely. As would have a 24 hour delay.
Children
No Data