Meet warm ups?

I was informed today by meet official no equipment allowed in warm ups. Meet was cancelled in a rare San Diego Lightning storm in La Jolla. Last meet I didn't swim enough warm up so toady I was going through a better warm up and brought my equipment. There was only 3 swimmers in my lane. I never use to use any equipment during warm up ever. Never heard of the rule. Can anyone explain the rational of why?
Parents
  • In most of California, you can warm up with the same equipment as you compete in. Suit, cap, goggles. Nothing else is allowed for the safety and consideration of other swimmers. Even if there is only one person per lane. 102.4.2 allows the LMSC to set stricter regulations, and many have gone with the same rules as nationals. If you need paddles, fins or a snorkel to warm up for a meet, you have been trained wrong.
  • In most of California, you can warm up with the same equipment as you compete in. Suit, cap, goggles. Nothing else is allowed for the safety and consideration of other swimmers. Even if there is only one person per lane. 102.4.2 allows the LMSC to set stricter regulations, and many have gone with the same rules as nationals. If you need paddles, fins or a snorkel to warm up for a meet, you have been trained wrong.
Children
No Data