Entry Deadlines for Sanctioned Meets

Are there any rules that stipulate that meet directors must enforce the entry deadline documented on the entry form? Or, is it assumed that entries received may be accepted at the discretion of the meet director if postmarked after the deadline?
Parents
  • I know this is an old post, but since no one else has answered, I will. Only the USMS national championships have an unwavering rule to cut off entries at a particular date. Even this has been lengthened at least once, with the consent of the championship committee. Local meets are under no particular codified ruling to deny entry to their events based on postmark or date. This is usually stated for the benefit of the host so they can make proper plans. They can hold to the stated date or change it if they desire. Many local events are run in the manner of accepting entries as long as they are received in time to seed the meet. Online entry should be able to compress the deadline timeline.
  • I know this is an old post, but since no one else has answered, I will. Only the USMS national championships have an unwavering rule to cut off entries at a particular date. Even this has been lengthened at least once, with the consent of the championship committee. Local meets are under no particular codified ruling to deny entry to their events based on postmark or date. This is usually stated for the benefit of the host so they can make proper plans. They can hold to the stated date or change it if they desire. Many local events are run in the manner of accepting entries as long as they are received in time to seed the meet. Online entry should be able to compress the deadline timeline.
Children
No Data