Butterfly kick

Former Member
Former Member
I was reading the rules for strokes. I read about the fly kick. It sort of confused me. I'm not sure I completely understand what it is saying? While doing the fly, i s it possible to do a whip or *** kick? Although it would probably be slower for me to do this rahter than the regular fly kick, is it okay to do the other KICKS? Can you do two of them per stroke? I woudl think that some *** strokers could really get power form their legs. I always thought that the *** kick gave most of the energy to the *** stroke. I think the rule is 101.3.3(?). Also, I think htat it is interesting that more pages are dedicated ot competition & officials than are dedicated to describing the strokes.
Parents
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 17 years ago
    Craig, I'm just dying here at work which has gone completely nuts lately. My posts today are clear evidence of too much caffein before lunch break :p I've adjusted my personal schedule to 2008, because I realized training for a Channel swim while simultaneously retiring from active duty is, well...foolhardy to put it politely. When I get a couple spare seconds (and brain cells able to function after quitting time), I'll reengage the swimming alumni community and see if I can find people as nuts as we are. Matt
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 17 years ago
    Craig, I'm just dying here at work which has gone completely nuts lately. My posts today are clear evidence of too much caffein before lunch break :p I've adjusted my personal schedule to 2008, because I realized training for a Channel swim while simultaneously retiring from active duty is, well...foolhardy to put it politely. When I get a couple spare seconds (and brain cells able to function after quitting time), I'll reengage the swimming alumni community and see if I can find people as nuts as we are. Matt
Children
No Data