Butterfly kick

Former Member
Former Member
I was reading the rules for strokes. I read about the fly kick. It sort of confused me. I'm not sure I completely understand what it is saying? While doing the fly, i s it possible to do a whip or *** kick? Although it would probably be slower for me to do this rahter than the regular fly kick, is it okay to do the other KICKS? Can you do two of them per stroke? I woudl think that some *** strokers could really get power form their legs. I always thought that the *** kick gave most of the energy to the *** stroke. I think the rule is 101.3.3(?). Also, I think htat it is interesting that more pages are dedicated ot competition & officials than are dedicated to describing the strokes.
Parents
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com I was reading the rules for strokes. I read about the fly kick. It sort of confused me. I'm not sure I completely understand what it is saying? While doing the fly, i s it possible to do a whip or *** kick? Although it would probably be slower for me to do this rahter than the regular fly kick, is it okay to do the other KICKS? Can you do two of them per stroke? I'm not sure what confused you. Rule 101.3.3 says that "The breaststroke or whip kick may be used exclusively or interchangeably with the dolphin kick while doing the butterfly stroke at any time during the race." The rules place no restrictions on how many kicks may be done per arm stroke (nor, for that matter, do they require that any arm strokes be done). What do you find unclear about that?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com I was reading the rules for strokes. I read about the fly kick. It sort of confused me. I'm not sure I completely understand what it is saying? While doing the fly, i s it possible to do a whip or *** kick? Although it would probably be slower for me to do this rahter than the regular fly kick, is it okay to do the other KICKS? Can you do two of them per stroke? I'm not sure what confused you. Rule 101.3.3 says that "The breaststroke or whip kick may be used exclusively or interchangeably with the dolphin kick while doing the butterfly stroke at any time during the race." The rules place no restrictions on how many kicks may be done per arm stroke (nor, for that matter, do they require that any arm strokes be done). What do you find unclear about that?
Children
No Data