I want to roll a sub :30 50 free......in my dreams I want a sick number like a 25 sec 50 free.

So far....I'm down to 31:34

What percentage of my daily workout should be just speed oriented and what percentage  logging yards with sets of 200s or more?

How often in say a week should I be training with USRPT workouts?

How often should I be using gear like a parachute for resistance? Do a couple hundies each training session or only every so often?

Is there anywhere here that I can look at a workout program that is like "ok your race is two months out.....here's workouts that will help you peak in eight weeks? It seems so many workouts here are just people posting "this was a killer workout" Ok great but if it isn't part of a structured plan then what benefit is it to me? Or....can you make the argument that hey, just pick any workout it's all going to the same goal no matter how you get there? 

Parents
  • We don't know your age, body type, or swimming history, but with a 50 SCY FR pr of 31.42, I'm guessing you have some stroke mechanics limitations, and/or start/turn issues. I suggest working with an experienced coach. Not someone who thinks coaching is writing a workout and yelling at you to go faster, rather someone who can analyze your stroke and help you optimize it. Alternatively, get some video and post it here. You will probably get some useful comments.

(If that's your LCM 50 FR pr, you are in an entirely different place.)

• 6 foot 1 inch 63 year old as of this coming Novemeber.....so yeah I"m not Gumby when it comes to flexibility in general.

• My swimming started in order to lose weight. One year ago May 1st I was 275. Now I"m hovering in the 234-237 range. Then USMS happened and I have a goal in mind and someone at the pool who's very knowledgable told me that people swim for a long time just to drop just half a second so maybe pick a shorter term goal. So yeah, first I want to get under 30.

• Thank you for the physical information.  Congrats on losing the weight.    Continuing to drop lbs will go a long way towards accomplishing your goal because streamlines will get better as drag is reduced, flexibility will improve for flip turns, starts and turns will become more powerful as your strength-to-weight ratio increases.  Technique will be easier to improved and tempo will increase as there is less mass preventing rotation.

I am sure you have seen a huge improvement dropping 40 lbs.  Those improvements will continue as your weight drops.  You probably know the health benefits as well!

Great job so far and keep it up and let us all know how about your progress!

Paul

• Thank you for the physical information.  Congrats on losing the weight.    Continuing to drop lbs will go a long way towards accomplishing your goal because streamlines will get better as drag is reduced, flexibility will improve for flip turns, starts and turns will become more powerful as your strength-to-weight ratio increases.  Technique will be easier to improved and tempo will increase as there is less mass preventing rotation.

I am sure you have seen a huge improvement dropping 40 lbs.  Those improvements will continue as your weight drops.  You probably know the health benefits as well!

Great job so far and keep it up and let us all know how about your progress!

Paul

Children
No Data