Lowry Masters Workouts (Aurora, CO)

Former Member
Former Member
Why not... I'll start with this and see how well it's received. Words of warning - All workouts are LCM at high altitude (5600 ft). If you think the intervals are too easy, you should try them up here before you say that. I may not be entirely consistent with my posting of these. I have a day job and family that keep me quite busy. It may make more sense for me to post a week at a time. Not sure if I can get far enough ahead of the train to do them in advance, or have to do them Most of the training is geared towards being able to RACE 100's & 200's. 50's & 400's occasionally. This is *NOT* a high yardage program. Quality first! There are usually 2 workout groups - 1:20-1:25 and 1:40-1:45. These are per 100 LCM Threshold/EN2 speed for a 30ish minute set and the times are how fast you are swimming, not what you are leaving on. I try to scale the slower workout from the faster one. These are meant to be done in 1 hour. That's all the time we have! Some pieces of this might lean towards USRPT at times. This is intentional and desired. I will post the workouts as a PDF and provide any needed additional info on the original post. Constructive feedback is always welcome and appreciated!! First workout was a "killa" and geared towards 400 race-pace work.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 200 Race Pace day... Some intermittent speed work with a goal of hitting 200 speed in each of the fast 50's. Also a finishing set that gears towards front-end speed. Good chance that your freestyle is pretty fatigued after yesterday, don't be shy about doing other strokes with the fast 50's. Intervals should allow for it (mostly). Swim Faster! Rob
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 200 Race Pace day... Some intermittent speed work with a goal of hitting 200 speed in each of the fast 50's. Also a finishing set that gears towards front-end speed. Good chance that your freestyle is pretty fatigued after yesterday, don't be shy about doing other strokes with the fast 50's. Intervals should allow for it (mostly). Swim Faster! Rob
Children
No Data