500 freestyle help

Former Member
Former Member
I have trouble swimming the 500 freestyle i have a very fast 200 free and 100 and 50 but struggle to hold pace any suggestions
Parents
  • I often do 75s as well. 100s are just a bit too long to hold 500 pace for very many reps. 50s and 75s are doable. What amount of rest are you taking? If I try to hold a fast pace (~200 pace) on a sendoff where I get 20 seconds rest, it doesn't take long before the pain starts to set in. I can maybe do a dozen or so and then the burn gets pretty dang intense. I'm talking about 50's at 500 pace on 20 seconds rest. 50's at 200 pace on 20 seconds rest, that's another story. I do that set a lot. No shortage of "burn time" with that one.
  • I often do 75s as well. 100s are just a bit too long to hold 500 pace for very many reps. 50s and 75s are doable. What amount of rest are you taking? If I try to hold a fast pace (~200 pace) on a sendoff where I get 20 seconds rest, it doesn't take long before the pain starts to set in. I can maybe do a dozen or so and then the burn gets pretty dang intense. I'm talking about 50's at 500 pace on 20 seconds rest. 50's at 200 pace on 20 seconds rest, that's another story. I do that set a lot. No shortage of "burn time" with that one.
Children
No Data