Tall Pauls Favorite Workouts and/or Sets

Getting to travel as much as we do we get to "taste" a lot of workouts from clubs all over the country...plus on occasion I come up with something to toss at the workouts I coach. For those lucky enough to swim with me Saturday (I'm coaching) here's the main set: SCY 800 negative split (get 400 split) @1:00 rest 6 x 100's @ 1:20 400IM 100 kick for time 400 negative split (faster than 2nd 400 of the 800, get 200 split) 1:00 rest 5 x 100's @ 1:15 200IM 100 kick for time (different stroke) 200 negative split (faster than 2nd 200 of 400) 4 x 100's @ 1:10 100IM 100 kick for time (different than first two)
Parents
  • Wow, I actually considered swimming on Saturday, but had a ton of house chores to do, then did a major weights set. How did you adjust the time (I'm hoping you did adjust) for people my speed? I was out of town much of last week (for work in Vegas) and only got in 2 swims. I guess I can say that I'm trying to do more of the quality not quantity... Actually, I didn't even see this thread here until I did a 'New Post' search...I'll have to keep my eyes out on this and watch out for you coaching. Timm, the Saturday workout I coached for sun Devil was at Cactus...I was there mornings all week while Laura was at the convention. The workout you referenced was the Brophy workout form Sunday which I swam and didn't coach at. Today's workout (just Laura and I at ASU): SCY 600 swim (mix of swim/drill/kick) 6 x 50's @ 1:00 build Speed Circuit (first day so pretty mellow, will increase the number of stations and reps as we get stronger): 4 x 25's power rack @ 1:00 4 x 25's bungee @ 1:00 4 x 25's underwater kick @ 1:00 Will do this once a week for two weeks then go to twice a week and increase the number of reps, add a round with fins & paddles, will do some kick only and sculling using both the rack and bungee.
  • Wow, I actually considered swimming on Saturday, but had a ton of house chores to do, then did a major weights set. How did you adjust the time (I'm hoping you did adjust) for people my speed? I was out of town much of last week (for work in Vegas) and only got in 2 swims. I guess I can say that I'm trying to do more of the quality not quantity... Actually, I didn't even see this thread here until I did a 'New Post' search...I'll have to keep my eyes out on this and watch out for you coaching. Timm, the Saturday workout I coached for sun Devil was at Cactus...I was there mornings all week while Laura was at the convention. The workout you referenced was the Brophy workout form Sunday which I swam and didn't coach at. Today's workout (just Laura and I at ASU): SCY 600 swim (mix of swim/drill/kick) 6 x 50's @ 1:00 build Speed Circuit (first day so pretty mellow, will increase the number of stations and reps as we get stronger): 4 x 25's power rack @ 1:00 4 x 25's bungee @ 1:00 4 x 25's underwater kick @ 1:00 Will do this once a week for two weeks then go to twice a week and increase the number of reps, add a round with fins & paddles, will do some kick only and sculling using both the rack and bungee.
Children
No Data