Best / favourite books on swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
As I was perusing the reviews for 100 Best Swimming Drills I thought to myself "Self, what do the USMS forumites have to say about their favourite swimming books?" I enjoy Taormina's Swim Speed Secrets (but I hate the title). The Science Of Swimming Faster (Riewald) is epic for geeks like me. Swimming Studies (Shapton) is a wonderful compendium of swimming memories and experiences. Thoughts?
Parents
  • "Three Year Swimming Club" "Gold in the water" "Swimming to Antarctica" "The Crossing" I loved that book! My mom gave me an autographed copy she bought from Lynne at a book signing in Los Alamitos, California, Lynne's home town. We are from Long Beach, which is the adjacent city, and I used to watch Lynne train at the Alamitos Bay Penninsula, when I was growing up. She would run in the deep soft sand, and then swim along the shoreline. The lifeguards were all in awe of her! I thought she was amazing, too, and she inspired me to swim. I hated freestyle when I was a kid, though, and I would swim breaststroke along the shoreline. Sure enough, I grew up to be a breaststroker, and freestyle is my worst of the four strokes!
  • "Three Year Swimming Club" "Gold in the water" "Swimming to Antarctica" "The Crossing" I loved that book! My mom gave me an autographed copy she bought from Lynne at a book signing in Los Alamitos, California, Lynne's home town. We are from Long Beach, which is the adjacent city, and I used to watch Lynne train at the Alamitos Bay Penninsula, when I was growing up. She would run in the deep soft sand, and then swim along the shoreline. The lifeguards were all in awe of her! I thought she was amazing, too, and she inspired me to swim. I hated freestyle when I was a kid, though, and I would swim breaststroke along the shoreline. Sure enough, I grew up to be a breaststroker, and freestyle is my worst of the four strokes!
Children
No Data