The New Approach to Meets

Iâ€Tmm really gratified to hear that USMS is approving sanctions beginning in November. That doesnâ€Tmt mean that any and all can swim in a particular meet. Some of us “race horses” are looking for competition. In my area, a team has a sanction for “members only”...an inter squad meet. So exclusionary events are OK? I live close by, but canâ€Tmt compete because Iâ€Tmm not affiliated with that team. How can this be a USMS event? ....I assume that records and Top Tens will be available to participants. I understand the limitations of COVID, and donâ€Tmt begrudge a team from having an inter squad meet, but if it is in the name of the organization at large, to the exclusion of our members, I must question. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • the information Phase 1 Return to Competition Guidance was available by Oct 9 within the "Covid-19 Resource Page" from the USMS start page when first logging into the site. I personally feel that starting with small meets is the way to more safely get back into competition, even if it excludes a large portion of us who look forward to competition once again. i can certainly understand the frustration many of us are experiencing but it will not last forever. Thank you. That was useful. That resource is now avilable at the bottom scroll down area(not far from where they hid the forums link.) I did not realize how often that was updated or I would have followed it more closely. Maybe someone could post on the forums when there is a new update.
  • the information Phase 1 Return to Competition Guidance was available by Oct 9 within the "Covid-19 Resource Page" from the USMS start page when first logging into the site. I personally feel that starting with small meets is the way to more safely get back into competition, even if it excludes a large portion of us who look forward to competition once again. i can certainly understand the frustration many of us are experiencing but it will not last forever. Thank you. That was useful. That resource is now avilable at the bottom scroll down area(not far from where they hid the forums link.) I did not realize how often that was updated or I would have followed it more closely. Maybe someone could post on the forums when there is a new update.
Children
No Data